The first stage of the Export Hub tour of Wales begins this month, which aims to get more Welsh businesses exporting and selling overseas.
The 23 ton, 40ft long Export Hub truck will see market experts provide real-time export opportunities and share face-to-face advice, to support Welsh businesses at every step of their exporting journey.
The Wales leg of the tour forms part of the UK-wide Exporting is GREAT campaign, which aims to inspire and encourage SME’s to export. It is part of the drive to get 100,000 additional companies exporting by 2020.
A joint initiative between the Welsh Government and the UK Government, the Export Hub’s two week tour of Wales will be launched by Economy Minister Edwina Hart in Pembroke Dock on 15 February.
The tour will visit nine locations in south, mid and north Wales and host a series of seminars, drop-in sessions and one-to-one meetings, with export experts working in markets across the globe.
Edwina Hart said: “Welsh exports currently total £11 billion, making a significant contribution to the economy – and bringing real benefits for all those businesses involved.
“Exporting opens up a massive global market where there is real demand for British goods and services and I want Welsh businesses to be aware of these opportunities and be in pole position to take advantage of them.
“The Export Hub roadshows are open to businesses of any size, working in any sector – including those already trading internationally and those that are potentially first time exporters.”
The Export Hub is equipped with the latest technology, including interactive touch screens, handheld touchscreens, computers, Wi-Fi, a private Skype zone, a large format presentation screen, small meeting booths and a networking space for 40-50 people.
Welsh businesses can pre-book drop-in sessions as well as one-to-one meetings with market experts – some of which will be carried out via Skype linking businesses to experts overseas.
Companies wishing to attend or book sessions need to register their interest at: www.businesswales.gov.wales/zones/export/export-events.
Export Hub timetable:
- 15 February Pembroke Dock – (9am- 2pm launch event)
- 16 February Swansea (10am- 2pm, Skype with market expert in Czech Republic)
- 17 February Ebb Vale (10am – 2pm, Skype with market expert in Brazil)
- 18 February Cardiff (10am – 2pm, market expert from China)
- 19 February Newport (10am-12.30pm, export opportunities in India)
- 22 February Bangor (10am – 2pm, market expert from Canada)
- 23 February St Asaph (10am- 2pm, Skype with market expert from Germany)
- 24 February Newtown (10am- 2pm, market expert from China)
- 25 February Deeside (10am- 2pm, market expert from India)
- 26 February – Wrexham – (9am- 4pm) Export Opportunities in the Gulf